Friday, December 29, 2006

Hey, How 'bout Some Christmas Cheer!

During the holiday season everyone loves listening to the same old Christmas/Holiday tunes, for me A Charlie Brown Christmas by the Vince Guaraldi Trio always gets me in the mood. Another favourite that always made me laugh is the Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas which I haven't listened to in years because the cassette is buried somewhere in the basement (I think?). When I was growing up, my dad always spun Perry Como's Christmas Album, usually to the groans of my brother, sister and I.

Believe it or not, there is lots of semi-cool holiday related music out there. Please have a listen and if you have other alternative-X-Mas tunes to share with us, let me know. I've lifted some music from other blogs and enjoyment.

Rugburns- I Hate F*cking Christmas
Yo La Tengo- Rock N Roll Santa

AsobiSeksu- Merry Christmas (I Don't Wanna Fight)

Velocity Girl- Merry X-Mas I Love you
Michael Stipe- We're Not So Bad [from Olive the Other Reindeer]

REM- Ghost Reindeer In The Sky
Young Fresh Fellows- O Little Town Of Bethlehem

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page