Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Geez, These Kid's Nowadays!


I love to go out and listen to live music, but it's a special treat when it's one of your kids, and it's a bonus when it's two of your offspring. Last Thursday night at the Academy Bar and Eatery in Winnipeg, my son Jesse performed as the opening act for his friend's band, Locker 369. His group (with band-mates, Leif on drums and keyboards and sister Alex on vocals) played 8 songs to a packed house mainly of school friends and curious relatives. They handled themselves quite well exhibiting a wide range of musical styles with a mixture of originals and covers. Jesse has only about a year's worth of experience performing music live having played at other coffeehouses, the Fork's and the Winnipeg Folk Festival, as part of their Young Performer's Program.

I'll keep you informed of any future gigs, but for now I'm posting part of the show to download and listen to. If you have any comments, please click the highlighted comment button on the bottom, I'll make sure he reads them. If you want to hear the whole show (in better quality WAV form), let me know and I'll make sure you get a copy)

Jesse Miki And Friends
Winnipeg March 1, 2007

Audience recording-setlist
Pathway To the Moon
Wet Ground (Sondre Lerche)
Modern Nature (Sondre Lerche)
Miss Spelled Desire
Wind Cries Mary (Jimi Hendrix)
Locked In The Dark
Johnny, Let Me Go (Sondre Lerche)
Calling For

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this, 'Pathway' is my favorite. Jesse has a good voice, I look forward to hearing more music from the kids. Thanks for the share.
Cheers
GnO

Locations of visitors to this page