Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jayhawks Debut Reissued May 18th!



The Jayhawks self-titled debut, (aka "Bunkhouse album") will finally be available for the first time on May 18th on CD (and again on vinyl) by Lost Highway Records. When the album was originally released in 1986 on Bunkhouse Records, they only pressed 2000 vinyl copies and has been unavailable for almost 25 years.

As I told you in a previous post, my sister has a vinyl copy of that pressing and I remember when I had my first apartment, I hung up the poster that came with the album. I need to make a serious search for that poster as I know this album demands hundreds of dollars on eBay and should be a premium with the original poster. The reissue will feature a 8 page booklet with photos from that time period. The band at the time was Mark Olson, Gary Louris, Marc Perlman and Norm Rogers (drums).

Just a reminder, I previously posted the album back last June and if you still haven't had a listen it's still active here. (let me know if it's not!)

4 comments:

Dana said...

I haven't checked in forever, but I think I paid about 200 bucks for my sealed copy about ten years ago on eBay. It remains probably my least favorite Jayhawks album, but I was too big of a collector nerd to not have it. Can't wait to get it on cd.

J.D. Hughes said...

Hi. Great blog. Thanks for all the great tunes. Jayhawks is down just so you know. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I just tried to check it out and it is not available. it is either not there or for premium user access only. Can you please re-post?
Thanks for ALL of the great music. I've been introduced to a lot of new bands. And I love Adrive.

binky said...

Re-posted, should work now!
Enjoy!

Locations of visitors to this page