Friday, March 25, 2011

Gear Daddies- Let's Go Scare Al


I had a request for some Gear Daddies, more specifically their debut, Let's Go Scare Al, from 1988. A sometimes forgotten and overlooked band from Minnesota, they were maybe overshadowed by some of the bigger names, but the Gear Daddies definitely have an important place and influence on the Minnesota music scene. Lead singer Martin Zellar is still very much active as a solo performer and the band occasionally reunites for concerts almost annually. Their Zamboni song is a staple at hockey rinks everywhere, my hometown included.

After the last post I dug around and found some live shows from the Gear Daddies I acquired in a trade years ago. I'll upload one of them for my next post.
Enjoy!

GEAR DADDIES
Let's Go Scare Al (1988)

  1. Cut Me Off
  2. Statue of Jesus
  3. Boys Will Be Boys
  4. Don't Forget Me
  5. Heavy Metal Böyz
  6. Drank So Much (Just Feel Stupid)
  7. She's Happy
  8. Blues Mary
  9. This Time
  10. Strength

GEAR DADDIES- Let's Go Scare Al. rar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks mucho!

bob said...

great band.got this the day it came out way back when.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed your blog until now. Great stuff on here. Thanks for posting.

Locations of visitors to this page