Monday, May 16, 2011

The Muffs- Live In Toronto 1995

Photo by Shiki-jitsu
I was nowhere near Toronto when this show was recorded in 1995, but I did walk past Lee's Palace on Bloor Street West last week. Many great bands have played this venue and hopefully sometime in the future I'll get the opportunity to see a show there. (I noticed the Baseball Project is there on June 1!)

This Muff's show was recorded and broadcast on CBC's Real Time concert series and the sound quality is excellent. I built up a large collection of concerts recorded off the radio and CBC usually broadcast the complete unedited concert with a nice matrix mix that sounded as crisp and clear as any official concert recordings. I haven't listened to much Muffs recently, but I have their first 4 albums and this show would have been circa, the Blonder And Blonder record, their second album.

THE MUFFS
Lee's Palace

Toronto, Ont.

Aug. 30, 1995

FM Broadcast

01. intro
02. Agony
03. Lucky Guy
04. Saying Goodbye
05. Ethyl My Love
06. Sad Tomorrow
07. Laying On A Bed Of Roses
08. What You've Done
09. Beat Your Heart Out
10. Red Eyed Troll
11. End It All
12. I Don't Like You
13. Right In The Eye
14. Big Mouth
15. I Need You
16. Oh Nina
17. encore break
18. Just A Game
19. From Your Girl
20. New Love
21. outro

THE MUFFS- Lee's Palace, Aug 30, 1995. rar

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page