Monday, July 04, 2011

The Replacements Last Show!


When I think of the 4th of July, I think of the excellent recordings that have come from the 4th of July Taste of Chicago free concerts broadcast on XRT in Chicago. Many great bands have graced the stage to huge crowds, but none greater (in my opinion) than the final live concert by the Replacements in 1991.

This farewell show boasts broadcast quality sound and was circulated in the bootleg circles as, It Ain't Over 'Til The Fat Roadies Play. I had this recording on cassette received in a trade back in the early 90's and it included the DJ introduction and outro (missing on, It Ain't Over...), but I opted to post the boot version because the sound quality is far better than my tape transfer. An enjoyable and historic show for Mats fans lucky enough to have a documentation of the last show. The concert ends with Hootenanny (the song when they switch instruments), with the band members passing their instruments to the road crew to ring out the final feedback to end the show...a fitting end to a wonderful wacky career.
Enjoy!!

THE REPLACEMENTS
Live at Petrillo Music Shell,
Grant Park,
Chicago, IL USA

July 4th, 1991


I Will Dare 3:56
Bent Out of Shape 3:09
Achin' to Be 3:53
Merry Go Round 3:52
Happy Town 2:55
Swinging Party 4:10
One Wink at a Time 2:53
Waitress in the Sky 2:27
When it Began 3:15
Someone Take the Wheel 4:09
Talent Show 4:24
Nobody 3:53
Another Girl, Another Planet f2:41
Hey Good Lookin' 2:39
I'll be You 4:05
I don't know 1:48
Within Your Reach 4:18
Can't Hardly Wait 3:14
Hootenanny 3:44

THE REPLACEMENTS- 7-4-1991. rar

2 comments:

biopunk said...

Excellent sound on this one, binky.

Cheers!

Icky said...

Sweet man, thanks!

Locations of visitors to this page