Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Replacements- Into The White 1986


I have one more Replacements show to share for now, but I'll post more soon, maybe some post-Bob shows if there's a demand. So far, I've posted shows that have been widely shared already and boast great quality sound. If you have any particular shows (or tours) you'd like to hear, make a request, I'll see what I can do. Thus far I have failed to accommodate the requests in the comment section, but I'm forever on the lookout for missing Mats shows.

Today's post is a Replacements show that I got from Dime several years ago. The guy that started circulating this boot called it Into The White because he was recording them on cheap plain white cdr's. Unfortunately, it's incomplete and I'm not sure how many more songs were in the set as there isn't too much information on the Mat's databases and colormeimpressed.com. According to the notes that accompanied the music file, the poster couldn't find confirmation of the exact date, but later heard from someone that was at the show and he claims it was April 5, 1986. More recently when this show was re-seeded and on colormeimpressed.com it's listed as April 9. I suppose, the more recent information might be more accurate, so for now I'll list it as the 9th.

Despite being incomplete there are many reasons this is a must-hear show. The good news is that the sound quality is excellent, definitely sourced from the soundboard and this show is more obscure and underrated than many. The crowd is rowdy, the band is drunk and early 1986 had some great memorable shows. This was just a bit over 2 months before Bob's last show...it's good one! I'm taking a short break from the Replacements for now (need to upload), but more to come!
Enjoy!

THE REPLACEMENTS
Bogarts
Cincinnati, OH, USA
April 9, 1986



SBD> analog tape> CDR> EAC> WAV> FLAC> rar  

01. Hold My Life
02. Left of the Dial
03. Little Mascara
04. Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out
05. Bastards of Young
06. Sixteen Blue
07. Unsatisfied
08. Heartbeat it's a love beat
09. Easier said then Done
10. Black Diamond
11. Don't Ask Why
12. Seen Your Video
13. Kiss Me on the Bus


THE REPLACEMENTS- 1986 Bogarts, Cincinnati FLAC. rar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this show - the description has me salivating to hear it. Another rare Mats gem. I'll be waiting for the others, take your time (but not too long). Thanks again for all you do here on this fine site.

Anonymous said...

love your blog, especially the focus on Minneapolis bands

Locations of visitors to this page